Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Windows 7 semi in depth

I have been using Windows 7 for a few days now (See my initial review) and I have to say its pretty good. Everything I have tried to do has worked very easily. I like the natural flow of the system menus. It is clear to see that this time around Microsoft paid a lot of attention to the user experience. There are many Microsoft haters out there but I feel that if they would look at the operating system in an unbiased capacity they might actually be impressed.

Many reviews have heralded Windows 7 as the dawn of a new age in computing. While the operating system is good I don't know if I can truly agree with that. I still really like the OS however. When claiming the dawn of a new age I expect a little more...like...holograms coming from my monitor.

The biggest thing I am noticing with Windows 7, and Microsoft in a whole, is that this is an embattled company that is working very hard to retool their image. While as of yet I don't believe that they are truly threatened but it doesn't take much to see that if Microsoft had continued down the same path of assumed dominance they eventually would be taken over. With the attention to the user experience the new Windows is an embodiment of the "new" Microsoft.

If you are currently using Vista I would suggest sprinting to your nearest software merchandiser on October 22 to get Windows 7. If you are running XP you might choose to wait a little bit but do know that 7 is actually better than XP. More features, more bells and whistles, and the drastically updated back end to support it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment